Friday, July 22, 2005

Ashes to Ashes

Well, it didn't take long did it - the first call for captain Michael Vaughan's head came this morning (via FiveLive) just one day into the Ashes series. I bet that if Pieterson hangs around with the tail and adds another 80-odd this morning, we roll them over a second time for 120 then knock the runs off on Saturday morning for a couple down with Vaughny scoring the winning run he will be hailed as god-like. Doubtful though isn't it!?!

Pedro45's thoughts on yesterdays play? Very intense! I thought it was great to see Harmy hitting Langer, Hayden, and (especially) Ponting. The Aussies know now that he ain't no pussy! The bowling could still have been much better - too many no balls and legside... We need to have a plan to counter McGrath (and I don't mean hitting him in the throat Freddie!), who if you let him (and we did) will just put the ball in exactly the right place to get you out. I'd like to see the openers attack him occasionally (as per the ODIs) as this makes him think a little (not his best job...) about where to bowl. Oh, and Jones and Pieterson batted very sensibly.

The only bad thing about my day on the couch watching the game was the new round of bombings in London. Just as the sad memories of July 7 were being dealt with in the service at BMA House it starts again. Luckily, as the bombs didn't explode as they should have, we should have enough evidence to catch the would-be murderers. I think them lucky that the brave people who chased after them didn't catch them; if I'd been there and got close to one, I'm not sure if I could have controlled myself until the police arrived...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet