Monday, August 22, 2005

Birthday treat...

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I'm being whisked away as a surprise treat. I don't know where I am being taken, just that it is somewhere in Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East (as that's as far as the Airmiles would allow!).

The plan is to check in online, for my wonderful girlfriend to handle all the passports, boarding passes, currency exchange etc, so that I can get as far as the gate without knowing. We reckon that it would be pretty hard to get onto the plane without knowing, so that's as far as the surprise will go.

Hopefully, it will be somewhere nice - my top eight guesses are as follows:

1. St Petersburg
2. Venice
3. Moscow
4. Marakech
5. Dubrovnik
6. Talinn
7. Lisbon
8. Istanbul

I have no idea if I've hit the nail on the head or not - it could be anywhere!!! I've been very good and not cheated a look at credit card statements or emails which would give the game away, so I'm getting quite excited!

I'm being given the weather forecast tonight (I haven't seen anything on TV recently so will have no clues from this) so I can pack accordingly, then it's off to the airport tomorrow lunchtime.

I'll let you all know where I ended up, what we did etc at the weekend.

PS In case I don't get a chance to do a proper blog beforehand, Pedro45's prediction for the Boro away game is a 1-0 defeat I'm afraid.

Comments:
Cool birthday surprise - Enjoy !!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet