Saturday, September 10, 2005

The good, the bad and the ugly

Saturday morning and it's quite gloomy. We had a huge downpour of rain here last night at around 11.20, with many people getting a soaking on their way home from the pubs in Bromley.

This can only be good news for English cricket (The Oval is about seven miles from here) if they are to regain the Ashes. Many local weather reports this morning say it's raining here, dry there, etc in locales closer to The Oval than Bromley. The covers have been on, off, and back on again. It seems doubtful that play will start on time and/or a full first session will take place. I think the Aussie decision to take bad light may rebound on them...

The bad news is that the weather should get better as the day goes on and around four hours play are being forecast for today. I'll be out at the wedding of Steve and Angie from around 3.30 so will probably miss a large chunk. The other bad news is I have to get my haircut before the wedding, which is one of my all time pet hates...

The ugly news is that I found out who the ref for the Brum versus Charlton game today will be - Mr Mike Halsey. Regular readers will be aware that one of my ten predictions for this Premiership season is that Charlton will win a game where Mr Halsey (or Mr Poll) are in charge. Today is therefore the first chance to put a tick against one of my ten guesses, but I do not suggest you holding your breathe that it will come true (revised match prediction is now a 1-1 draw). Don't bet against a sending off for both sides though too...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet