Monday, October 10, 2005

John Lennon's free bus pass

Yesterday, no pun intended, would to have been John Lennon's 65th birthday, had he not been murdered in New York 25-odd years ago. You can sign an online birthday card for him here. When I signed it yesterday, it had over 5000 signatories.

Way back when Pedro45 was a mere nipper, the first ever record that he can remember buying was The Beatles "She loves you". I have a vague recollection of walking around to the record store with my parents and sister, and holding the brown paper bag containing the single in my hand on the way home, with a huge smile on my face.

My favourite memory of Lennon was the sheer delight he seemed to show in the video, apparently recorded live in the recording studio as he laid down the track, that accompanied the Stand By Me single - "...Dahlin', DAHLIN', Stand...by me, ohohoh...Stand by me, just as long, as you stand, stand by me..." etc.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet