Monday, November 14, 2005

NME Heroes - Update one

It's funny this, here I am writing down some memories from years gone by, and things start to happen.

Blogsites have the ability (through counters) to see where (ie which URL) the visitors to your site have come from previously. This is invaluable if you want a top draw site, as you need to know what searches are giving your site out as an answer.

Since I started publishing my memories of days at NME, a number of searches have shown my mutterings. I have been linked with Danny Baker's web forum, where my story of how he met his first wife has been read my many Bakerite visitors to my site.

I also came up in a search someone made on Ian Penman, and further delving has thrown up the fact that the real Lon-Pin-Moon has his own blogsite - http://www.apawboy.blogspot.com/. If you need your fix of long articles that don't make sense, or not much anyhow, have a read of what Ian is writing today and compare it with those NME articles of former years!

Finally, another search came through on November 7th looking for Mark Woon, who featured in my stories about Danny Baker's wife Wendy, and also Marian Cowler. Now I don't know how many Mark Woon's there can be in this world, but is this person who answered a competition on this website the same guy who was once asked to be Madness's singer?

Last Issues Competition Winners:
(30 August 2001, Ahoy)
(1) School Disco's second Birthday Bash.
Urmee Khan
(2) Transparent Sound
Mark Woon
Albert van Biljon
Qu: What was JAX formerly known as?
Answer: Happy Jacks
Someone else highlighted my stories about Ian Penman and Ian Pye, and placed the link on a reggae forum calling it "Two Ian P's!"

So it seems that some other people out in the wide world are vaguely interested in people and things that I ramble on about, which is quite nice.

Feel free to get in touch and we'll see if we can dish up any more dirt on those blasts from the past if you'd like!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet