Sunday, November 27, 2005

Summer is over...

The long drawn out summer in the Pedro45 household has come to an end, and I have to return to work tomorrow. I don't really want to, but bills have to be paid, Xmas is coming, and I want to go on holiday. All that means that I need some dosh to fulfill the above without dipping into my savings too much more.

The job could be fun - it's a consultancy-type role for three months finishing near the end of February. I turned down a "proper" job at the place I will be working, but they could see my value and worth and offered me a three-month stint in an effort to sort them out and provide support while going through a tough time internally. The management who interviewed me were very nice people and it will be nice to (hopefully) make some new friends and acquantances in a new workplace.

I don't have to be there till 9.30 tomorrow, so that my manager has time to get in herself and get ready for me. It will be interesting to see how the other staff treat me, and what they have already been told about my role. I have an induction day and tour of the distribution warehouse on Thursday which will be fun too!

Hopefully, there will be a few who go down the pub after work occasionally, and that may also mean the odd Christmas do that I can swan along to and join in with. I've missed that sort of comaraderie over the last year. It'll mean fewer trips to the gym unfortunately, as the two are not very local to each other, though I'll try to pop over at least once a week after work when I can.

When the three months are up, I leave work on the Friday and fly off on holiday with my girlfriend on the Saturday, to the island of Dominica in the Caribbean. We talked long and hard about going to St Maarten/St Martin, but couldn't find a hotel that we both liked, so switched our attention to other islands and found an old fort that is now a hotel in the Dominica capital Roseau. It's not that big a hotel, but sounds quite nice. Dominica is an unusual Caribbean island, according to the guidebooks, in that the beaches don't sound very nice (lots of volcanic black sand, and none near to our hotel), but it has lots of hiking trails up to the mountains leading to wondrous waterfalls and lakes. It has one of the wonders of the Caribbean in a Boiling Lake, and also a beach area called Champagne Beach where the water bubbles like champagne! Both due to volcanic activity. Can't wait!

All the above means that my postings on here (and on Charlton Athletic Online) will probably be less frequent unfortunately. I'll try to keep things going as best I can, and will definitely say something should the need to arise, but you know how it is trying to fit things in with the rest of your ongoing life...

I've had a great summer blogging - The Ashes, holidays, recounting stories of former lives and bringing back many happy memories and a few bad ones too! I will definitely continue, as it is great fun. Take care! x

Comments:
You'll love Dominica!
Breath taking!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet