Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2008 - Not a Great Vintage

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a blog for this site, mainly because this year has been hectic, and also full of plenty of ups and downs.

In January, my mother was taken ill after a fall at her home; she broke her leg, and spent the next seven weeks in hospital. During this time, I also had a knee operation, which took some time to recover from.

My wife left her job in February, mainly to have a bit of a rest and to try something new – she had worked for the same company since leaving college. Her plan was to have some fun travelling this year, and then look for work around Xmas, and this is still the plan! This has resulted in solo trips to Egypt, Laos and Vietnam, and a soon-to-be trip to Pakistan, the lucky devil!

Sadly my mother died from complications in March, and that month was spent dealing with the resultant fall-out; luckily our family has stood together and the funeral was actually quite a good day, if that can ever be said. We did get away to Luxembourg at Easter, and had a lovely weekend, and that certainly took my mind off the bad things that had happened earlier in the month.

In April, my wife and I went on holiday to Namibia, and we had a wonderful time. After this, it was back to work, and my busy summer period that makes June and July so stressful. And then earlier this month we went on another vacation, this time to Florida. I’ll blog about those two major trips separately.

So 2008 has been pretty busy, with plenty of ups and downs, but hopefully now the Summer is coming to an end, it will be even more enjoyable and not have too many new surprises.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Shouting from the Hop!


powered by Bloglet